It is the policy of the Company to recognize employees for various achievements and contributions related to the basic components of our culture and mission. The O Great One, OGO for short, Recognition Program provides teams with an opportunity to recognize and appreciate their OGO on a monthly basis and, as outlined in O Great One by David Novak, is inspired by 10 Guiding Principles.The 10 Guiding Principles are outlined below:
- Principle #1: People won’t care about you if you don’t care about them.
- Principle #2: The best way to show people you care is to listen to them.
- Principle #3: A great idea can come from anywhere.
- Principle #4: Recognize great work and great ideas whenever and wherever you see them.
- Principle #5: Make recognition a catalyst for results.
- Principle #6: Make it fun.
- Principle #7: Make it personal.
- Principle #8: Recognition is universal.
- Principle #9: Giving recognition is a privilege.
- Principle #10: Say thank you every chance you get.
PURPOSE Recognition is one of the tools used by Trilogy to show genuine appreciation to our employees and to acknowledge the unique abilities our team members have to offer. Recognition inspires, motives and breathes excitement into our team members and generates an environment of striving towards success. In support of this effort, this document is intended to define the procedures of the OGO Recognition Program, and to provide guidance on the process of awarding the OGO Award to Trilogy employees on a monthly basis.
The OGO Award is awarded to Trilogy employees who are valued, appreciated and who make outstanding contributions to the company. These employees go above and beyond daily, have a Servants Heart, Pay Attention to the Details (PATD), are strong team players who believe that a Team Approach Works Best (TAWB), and are seen as a leader amongst their peers by Leading by Example (LBE). In a nutshell, each recipient of the OGO Award is an integral member of the team and deserves recognition for his/her contributions.
Each month, members of the Leadership team gather together to determine who will be the OGO Award recipient for the upcoming month. The selected employee will exhibit the characteristics as outlined above and must be an employee in good standing.
- Once the OGO is selected, the Executive Director should announce it to the campus team, it should be a surprise for the OGO recipient if possible.
- Messages are solicited from the OGO’s colleagues describing what is so great about him/her and why they appreciate this team member. All messages are deposited into the OGO Jar which has “O Great One-You’re Great Because…” printed on it and contains thought starter notes. OGO Jars are purchased through Office Max and shipped directly to the campus.
- Once the OGO Jar is full of heartwarming messages, a personal letter is written, from campus Leaders, thanking the employee for his/her contributions to the team, followed by a note welcoming the employee to the “Club of OGOs”.
- Let the recognition begin! During the monthly ER3, the OGO is recognized! The celebration should include a presentation of the OGO Jar filled with heartwarming messages, the personal letter from campus leaders and the note welcoming the employee to the Club of OGOs.
- A photo of the OGO is taken for the OGO Wall of Fame. Prior to the photo being hung on the Wall of Fame, a note is added to the OGO’s photo outlining the reasons why the employee was selected as the OGO for the month. See OGO Wall of Fame Standards below.
OGO WALL of FAME STANDARDS
The OGO Program is a great opportunity to turn words into action! Make it personal, make it fun, make it meaningful!
A designated area for the Wall of Fame will be established in each campus. The Wall should be in an area where it can be appreciated by employees, residents and guests.
- The OGO Wall of Fame Display should be made up of the following:
- A sign “O Great One”, announcing the purpose of the display. This sign can be a professionally made plaque (similar the Veterans Honor Wall plaque), a sign made up of painted wood letters purchased from a craft store, or a professionally printed and framed sign. See OGO Wall of Fame samples #1 and #2 below.
- Underneath the “O Great One” Wall of Fame sign, there will be twelve 8x10 frames; organized in two rows of six frames each that are evenly spaced, horizontally and vertically. Until each 8x10 frame is filled with the picture of an OGO recipient of the month photo, the frame will have an insert with a Crown and “Who Will be the Next OGO” printed in black ink. See OGO Wall of Fame sample #3 below.
- Each month, once the OGO has been recognized at the monthly ER3, a photo of the OGO is taken by a member of the Leadership Team for the OGO Wall of Fame.
- Prior to the photo being placed in one of the 8x10 frames on the OGO Wall of Fame, a note is added to the OGO’s photo outlining the reasons why the employee was selected as the OGO for the month. See OGO Wall of Fame sample #4 below.
- Each month, the process, as outlined above, is performed at the campus until each of the twelve 8x10 frames is filled with a photo of an OGO, one for each month of the year.
- In the following year, the process as outlined above will be repeated.