To provide direction on conducting an ER3 while abiding by CDC, CMS, and state and local guidelines during the COVID-19 global pandemic.
- Campus must be COVID-19 free in order to allow the use of the dining room.
- State and local guideance must allow for communal dining. If you are unsure if your state allows communal dining, please reach out to Complaince and/or Legal for guidance.
- Whenever possible, hold the event outdoors. When outside events are not possible, choose the largest campus space for your ER3
- Chairs and or tables must be placed to allow for 6 feet of space between employees.
- Chairs are to be cleaned and sanitized between use.
- Bag, or wrapped items are encouraged, but serving stations are possible by using the following infection control practices:
- Condiments are to be pre-portioned using ramekins/silver bullets/soufflé cups for single use only. Do not purchase PC condiments as these are very costly. Salt and pepper packets are to be used - no shaker.
- Separate serving stations should be utilized to accommodate social distancing while selecting a meal.
- Items must be served by an attendant, not self-served by the employee.
- Menu items should be pre-portioned as often as possible.
- All employees must wear masks when not eating.
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed at all times.
- Start the event with reminding everyone to social distance and consider a phrase that is communicated at the start to remind anyone who is not following the guidelines, such as “mask up”.